• Seasonal climate predictions, based largely on the status of the El Niño-Southern Oscillation, are one such tool but need to be used with prudence, understanding when and where they perform the best.• Advance planning and preparation for drought includes finding the right place for uncertain climate predictions in management decision making, as well as working to reduce overall exposure to drought risks.
- El Niño-Southern Oscillation
- seasonal climate prediction
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Geography, Planning and Development
- Management, Monitoring, Policy and Law