We used WISE-derived geometric albedos (p V ) and diameters, as well as geometric albedos and diameters from the literature, to produce more accurate diurnal Yarkovsky drift predictions for 540 near-Earth asteroids (NEAs) out of the current sample of ∼8800 known objects. As 10 of the 12 objects with the fastest predicted rates have observed arcs of less than a decade, we list upcoming apparitions of these NEAs to facilitate observations.
- minor planets, asteroids: general
- minor planets, asteroids: individual (2010 JG87, 2006 HY51, (137924) 2000 BD19, 2010 HX107, 2002 LT24, (153201) 2000 WO107, 2010 EX11, 2008 EY5, 2006 NL, 2006 MD12, 2010 GQ75)
- radiation mechanisms: thermal
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Space and Planetary Science